About Louis A. Del Monte (Blog Moderator)
Award Winning Physicist, #1 Best Selling Author, CEO, Internet Marketing/Social Media Expert and High Profile Media Personality
For over thirty years, Louis Del Monte was a leader in the development of microelectronics and sensors for IBM and Honeywell. As a Honeywell Executive Director, Del Monte had P&L responsibility for $100 million annual bookings/sales, and directed hundreds of professionals to achieve corporate goals.
His innovations and pioneering work on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) have profoundly affected integrated sensor technology. Samsung and Honeywell currently use a number of Del Monte’s patents, fundamental to the fabrication of specific integrated circuits and sensors.
Subsequent to those positions, he formed a high-tech Internet marketing agency (Del Monte Agency) and was an early pioneer in the field of Internet marketing and social media. He is currently CEO of Del Monte & Associates, Inc., Del Monte Agency’s parent company.
More recently Del Monte published three bestselling books: Unraveling the Universe’s Mysteries (2012), How to Time Travel (2013) and The Artificial Intelligence Revolution, which became Amazon’s #1 bestseller on artificial intelligence (2014).
How to Time Travel and The Artificial Intelligence Revolution, have received critical acclaim from Kirkus Reviews:
“Time travel-its possibilities, potential and primary obstacles-gets a levelheaded review from a physicist in this lucid, optimistic book.” (2013)
“Blending hard science and sci-fi, physicist Del Monte (How to Time Travel, 2013, etc.) warns of the implications of strong artificial intelligence machines… The book’s well-structured arguments, glossary and lucid prose make it perfectly suited to laymen.” (2014)
Recent media coverage attests to the success of his books.
- Business Insider “By 2045 The Top Species Will No Longer Be Humans, And That Could Be A Problem”, Author, Dylan Love, July 5, 2014.
- The Huffington Post, Time Travel to the Future Is Real,” Mar. 28, 2013
- The Huffington Post, “Dark Energy Explained — A New Theory,” Mar. 11, 2013
- The Tom Barnard Show, KQRS, Minneapolis, July 24, 2014
- Dan Cofall Show, 1900 AM, Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, July 10 & 17 2014
- The Alan Colmes Radio Show, Fox News Radio, July 9, 2014
- Late Night Counsell, John Counsell, AM580/CFRA, Ottawa, Canada, June 26, 2014
- The Joe Show, Joe Teehan, AM 930 Progressive Talk Radio, Bellevue, WA. June 11, 2014
- From My Mama’s Kitchen, Johnny Tan, FMMK Talk Radio, Dallas, TX. June 17, 2014
- Orlando in the Morning , Brian Orlando, WFAS AM, Westchester, NY, May 13, 2014
- Twitter (@DelMonteLouis1) – Over 22,500 Followers
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/DelMonte.Louis) – Over 7,500 Likes and a post reach of 30,000 – 50,000 per week
- Google+ (www.plus.google.com/u/0/+LouisDelMonte1/posts) – Over 10,500 Followers and over 1,700,000 Post Views
- Blog (LouisDelMonte.com) – Average 3,000 visitors per month
Del Monte is the recipient of the H. W. Sweatt Award for Scientific/Engineering Achievement and the Lund Award for Human Resource Management Excellence. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in physics and chemistry (Saint Peter’s University) and a Master of Science degree in physics (Fordham University).
His wife, Diane, and Lou were college sweethearts, are married over 46 years, have two adult children and four grandchildren. Diane and Lou call Minnesota home.